Uncommon music criticized by the common man. (Or, exercises in futility masquerading as critical thought.)

Monday, January 07, 2008

Three?! That's It?!

I posted three times in 2007. Wow. How crazy.

Oh well. I already explained over on the other blog that I essentially quit blogging for 2007, but am hoping to jump back into this time-burgling pool in 2008. It's not like I stopped listening to music. If anything, I probably heard more new music this year than I have in some time. If you're interested, this is some stuff I enjoyed last year. Unlike previous lists, I'm not going to try to write about them. It's up to you to dig up the stuff if you're so inclined. Hell, I'll even give you links!

Aerial - The Sentinel
Aesop Rock - None Shall Pass
Alcest - Souvenirs d'un autre monde
And So I Watch You From Afar - This Is Our Machine And Nothing Can Stop It
The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand
Arch Enemy - Rise of the Tyrant
Baroness - The Red Album
Battles - Mirrored
Big Business - Here Comes The Waterworks
The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal
Blu & Exile - Below the Heavens
Brother Ali - The Undisputed Truth
Caina - Mourner
Clockcleaner - Babylon Rules
Clutch
- From Beale St. to Oblivion
Dekapitator - The Storm Before The Calm
destroyalldreamers - Wish I Was All Flames
The Dillinger Escape Plan - Ire Works
Earth - Hibernaculum
Earthless - Rhythms From A Cosmic Sky
El-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead
Electric Wizard - Witchcult Today
High on Fire - Death Is This Communion
Illogicist - The Insight Eye
Immanu El - They'll come, they come
Japancakes - Loveless
Joy Wantes Eternity - You Who Pretend To Sleep
Minsk - Ritual Fires of Abandonment
Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?
Omega Massif - Geisterstadt
Pharoahe Monch - Desire
Pig Destroyer - Phantom Limb
Pissed Jeans - Hope For Men
redlightchamberchoir - We're In Trouble But We Don't Know What To Do
Rwake - Voices of Omens
Titan - A Raining Sun Of Light For You & You & You
The Voices - The Sound of Young America
Watain - Sworn To The Dark
Witchcraft - The Alchemist

Enjoy! (Where appropriate, anyway.)