Uncommon music criticized by the common man. (Or, exercises in futility masquerading as critical thought.)

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Damn

Well, I knew it was a gamble. Tonight's Mastodon show is sold out. I bet if I went over there, I could probably by a ticket on the street. The question is, do I freeze my ass off on another gamble? I'm leaning toward no. I'm not surprised. Mastodon has pretty much become the flagship band of "metal for people who don't like metal", which is fine by me, because they do blaze and deserve the attention. It just kinda screws me when I want to see them live. On a Saturday night. In an area that has always had a large metal following. In a town full of hipsters. You don't need to be Euler to figure out that equation means no ticket for Damian.

Slayer has already sold out both nights of their show. Even less surprising.

I should probably get my Isis (3/11) and Lamb of God (3/26) tickets soon, because those will likely sell out, too.

But, while I'm on the subject of teh rock, 3/26 is also the street date (I think) of the new Clutch album, From Beale Street to Oblivion. Go get you some of that. It's pretty great.