Uncommon music criticized by the common man. (Or, exercises in futility masquerading as critical thought.)

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

We Got Your Music Right Here

So, my little foray into eMusic has already yielded fruit. I picked up Of Montreal's latest, The Sunlandic Twins, based on one song ("The Party's Crashing Us") I downloaded. At the low cost of only eleven bucks, it was worth the gamble. I already had one of their albums, but it didn't really get its hooks into me. This one seems to be a different beast, though. A little more "powerful", some great rhythms, and their typical strong melodies. I think I might have to go back and check out the stuff I missed.

I also picked up the latest from the Acid Mothers collective, who have undergone a slight name change (they are now "...and the Cosmic Inferno" instead of the "...and the Melting Paraiso UFO") in their tenth year. It's pretty smoking, and those who have a taste for over the top guitar freakouts should go find this, chop chop. It's called Just Another Band From The Cosmic Inferno.