Uncommon music criticized by the common man. (Or, exercises in futility masquerading as critical thought.)

Friday, January 07, 2005

The eleven worst songs of 2004.

I did not write this. But I kinda sorta wish I did. Sometimes bile for the sake of bile is gold. I leave it to you to decide if this is one of those times.

(Ugh...have the tv on as I write this...Rick James is barely cold and Papa John's is using "Give It To Me Baby" in a TV spot. I'm not against musicians selling their songs for commercial purposes, even if I find it tacky. And lord knows that Rick was milking that Chappelle thing for all its worth when he was alive, so it probably wouldn't be beneath him to sell a song to an ad campaign. But this struck me as a tad unfortunate. Now, if Papa John's started closing their front door transactions with "We're Papa John's, bitch!", then I might feel better about it...)