Uncommon music criticized by the common man. (Or, exercises in futility masquerading as critical thought.)

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Rock In Opposition: In searching for "new" (as in, new to me, not necessarily newly released) music, I kept coming across RIO, or Rock In Opposition in the descriptions/reviews of bands I think I might like. So naturally, I decided to do a little digging to find out more, and came across the above link. It definitely sounds like something I would enjoy (Acid Mothers seem to fit into the RIO template, after all). If anybody stumbling across this blog has some good starting points (either albums from the bands mentioned in the above link, or other bands altogether), feel free to leave your suggestions in the comments.

Next up for more examination: Zeuhl and Italian Prog.